|August 20, 2015
Pre-Harvest 2015: Things to Remember
Date: Thursday, August 20
Time: 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Location: CHEHALEM CULTURAL CENTER
415 E. Sheridan
Newberg, OR 97132
Presented by : Dr. Richard DeScenzo and Dr. Steve Price
ETS Specialists Dr. Rich DeScenzo and Dr. Steve Price will share insights from last harvest and new research to help yhou choose the right tools for your harvest tool kit.
- Monitor grape characteristics in the vineyard, including Water Content and Phenolics.
- Learn to manage sensory flaws originating in the vineyard, including IBMP, Eucalyptol and Smoke Taint.
- Protect white wine aromas naturally by maximizing levels of Glutathione.
- Recognize potential spoilage issues associated with microbes coming in on the grapes.
- Monitor Native Yeasts during fermentation.
- Prevent problems assoicaited with stuck and sluggish fermentations.